Re: Frustrating calls table problems....

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:42:51 -0500

Jeff, yes, the insert_calls trigger is present. I didn't think this was
going to be it, since we get the data perfectly now from one NAS, but not
from another identically configured. The one that works is on the LAN,
and the one on the other side of the WAN does authenticating perfectly,
inserts data into Calls just fine, but Emerald doesn't get the stats from
that other NAS. Just doesn't see it, even though it is in the calls table.

<sigh>

At 02:36 PM 3/13/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Jeff Woods wrote:
>>
>> Dale et al..... How are the session ID's chosen and kept unique, and how is
>> the calls table read into Emerald into the Online Tab?
>>
>> I rebooted a hung CompuTone this morning. It started over at session ID
>> 1.00.0 for its new sessions, even though RADIUS wasn't rebooted. These
>> numbers MAY conflict with numbers already in the calls table for another
>> NAS.
>>
>> Also, even when I EXPLICITLY select this NAS for monitoring in the Online
>> Tab of Emerald, it always says 0 users online on 0 terminal servers. I
>> have gone into SQL Query, and done a "select * from Calls" query, and yes,
>> the accounting data for this NAS is being inserted into the Calls table
>> properly. I've watched the Accounting ACKs fly by on the screen with
>> Radius in DEBUG mode. The data *is* there. Emerald just refuses to
>> extract it from the calls table and insert it into the Online session
>> monitor (and presumably, the reports), even when we tell it to look
>> EXPLICITLY at this NAS, or "all".
>>
>> This problem seems to happen ONLY on NAS's that are NOT on the same LAN as
>> the SQL Server. This NAS is on the other side of a router in a remote
POP.