Re: [RadiusNT] Radius4 Service not restarting after server reboots.

WayneG (WayneG@uplogon.com)
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:17:03 -0500

From: "WayneG" <WayneG@uplogon.com>
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Radius4 Service not restarting after server reboots.
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:17:03 -0500

    I set the RadiusNT Service to be dependent on the MSSQLServer Service
( thank you Graeme Slogrove for the tip.) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;193888 (Had to use regedt32 to create REG_MULTI_SZ key.)

    That seemed to work for now, but I hadn't done any updates this last reboot, which I had before (now that you mentioned it.) So I will keep that in mind as well.

    Thank you,
        -Wayne

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Lorinczi" <tom@iwic.net> To: <radiusnt@iea-software.com> Sent: Monday, April 28, 2003 12:50 PM Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] Radius4 Service not restarting after server reboots.

> Hi Wayne,
>
> I, also, have seen this. I have a Server 2000 with SQL 2000 and if I've
done a
> lot of updating (Norton Anti-virus and/or Windows Updates) the SQL/Radius
> Service will not start.
>
> My workaround is to update NAV, do the update, then perform any Windows
Updates
> and then reboot. I think the trick is to not have many things update per
boot
> and you should be fine.
>
> --Tom
>
> WayneG wrote:
>
> > We are seeing a problem with our RadiusNT 4.0.35 Service on our NT4
(6a)
> > Server. Although the service is set for Automatic and System Account,
after
> > a server reboot, the service does not start. We are able to simply open
the
> > Services Control Panel and start the service. The same server is also
> > running Emerald4 and SQL7. Has anyone else seen this? Any suggestions?
> >
> > -Wayne

> > This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's