RE: [Emerald] Users online - userid not a link

Jason (newlandj@areatech.com)
Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:37:55 -0500

From: "Jason" <newlandj@areatech.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Users online - userid not a link
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 14:37:55 -0500

Well, we looked at the debug output, and found that the Code=4 start packets are in fact not sending back the Class attribute on the ones that don't display the link. I will follow up with our Visp providers to find out if they can send this back in the accounting packets. I do have a question though... This has been working fine before the server switch. Why would it suddenly stop working?

Thanks!

Jason The AreaTech Team

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Dale E. Reed Jr. Sent: Saturday, April 10, 2004 1:13 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: RE: [Emerald] Users online - userid not a link

> We just migrated our Emerald 4.55 machine to a new server last night,
> and after the migration, we are seeing a problem with the users online

> view. The userid that is normally a link to the service is no longer
> a link it is just being displayed as text. The really strange thing
> is that it DOES work using one upstream providers RADIUS servers, but
> not using our other providers RADIUS servers.
>
> Can anyone shed some light on what to look for?

Check to see if the class attrbiute that we send in the auth response is coming back in the accounting records from your port providers. In the class attribute is the AccountID for the user. If the Class is not returned, we do not know the AccountID for the online user, thus no link. That one that is working most likely is returning the class attribute.

You can run RADIUS in -x15 debug mode to see the accounting responses and whether the class attribute is being returned (check for the Code=4 on the radrecv line to tell its an accounting record).

Dale