Re: [Emerald] operator group

Monica Zimmerman (monicaz@pinehurst.net)
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:00:27 -0500

From: "Monica Zimmerman" <monicaz@pinehurst.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] operator group
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:00:27 -0500

That worked!! Now I just need this operator to be allowed to enter a credit card - was that part of the MBR act too? If so is there another object I need to add? I think I understand this so if I could at least see what all the groups are I'd appreciate it.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 5:53 PM Subject: RE: [Emerald] operator group

> > I'm trying to get an operator group in 4.5.6 to have access to "invoice
> > next" so an invoice will be created that he can PAY on when a
> > customer signs
> > up. However, the only thing I've found to give him access is to add the
> > MBRact role. When I do that, the person can cancel mbr and create
> > adjustments! So my question is - does anyone have roles already
> > set up for
> > a 'signup' type person that can be shared with me? Just needs to
> > be able to
> > add customers and create payments. No other major accounting functions.
>
> The invoice next is tied to permission of the mbr_invoice_next.ews
> object. That object (file) is by default in the MBRAcct object group.
>
> To give someone access to that file without the entire MBRAcct would
> require creating a new ObjectGroup, and then creating a new
> mbr_invoice_next.ews object in that new object group. Probably just
> got a little confusing and the reason we haven't release the full
> security object information. :)
>
> Try this:
>
> Run these two queries in Query Analyzer or Emerald's DB SQL Query tool
> (only one at a time in the later).
>

> INSERT INTO ObjectGroups (ObjectGroupID, ReportID, ObjectGroup)
> Values(188, NULL, 'MBR Invoice Next')
>
> -- [Note: After Adding this one, also add this ObjectGroup in Security to
> -- the Operator Group you want to have the invoice next
permissions.]

> INSERT INTO Objects (ObjectGroupID, ObjectTypeID, Description, Value,
Data)