Re: [NTISP] raid

matthew ( matthew@the-spa.com )
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 13:45:34 -0300

we used to use the adaptec aaa-133 raid card, it worked great other than we
had problems with one particular asus motherboard model that had a conflict
with the raid controller.

we use dell servers now that have raid installed as a factory option.

the adaptec card is great as long as you are fairly knowledgeable about
scsi troubleshooting, specifically termination type issues. if you aren't
extremely comfortable building your own system and dealing with a lot of
the peculiarities of scsi you might want to get something more factory/turnkey.

matthew