RE: [NTISP] raid

Ronnie D. Franklin ( ronnie@itexas.net )
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 12:52:36 -0500

I believe that the Elite series is a low speed, 5400 RPM drive.. your
performance would suffer greatly!!!

Also..... the price is way to low for a good system... 4 gig 7200 rpm SCSI
drives are about $175 on the street... and Adaptec 2940W is about $200...

IMHO I would not buy it for my system!!

FYI... to really do RAID, you should use either a dual channel controller
with built in RAID or at least 2 controllers......

I use 3 channel AMI Raid controllers and love them.....

I suspect the SCSI controller that they are suppling is not a raid
controller, but simply a SCSI controller and they are using the built in NT
software raid...