Re: [NTISP] User got disconnected

David Payer ( (no email) )
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 12:57:26 -0600

>From: Mark Tran <mpt@gdex.net>
>>Anyone ever encounter a problem when a user logon and got disconnected
>>right at the moment when he/she start using any Internet application (web,
>>mail, etc)...If no Internet application is launched, he/she won't get
>>disconnected. The problem seems to be on the user's side because only a
>>few users encounter this problem. Any suggestion?

I've encountered something like this. I think some modem/line quality
combinations don't work well. I have found that if you go into DUN and
adjust the buffers downward for the sake of stability, it is helpful.

DUN --->PROPERTIES--->CONFIGURE--->CONNECTION TAB--->PORT SETTINGS (lower
left)---> move slide bars to one notch off low and work up from there.

David Payer
OMNI Internet
www.iowalink.com

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html