Re: [NTISP] User got disconnected

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 22 Mar 1999 13:22:21 -0500

From: Mark Tran <mpt@gdex.net>
>Anyone ever encounter a problem when a user logon and got disconnected
>right at the moment when he/she start using any Internet application (web,
>mail, etc)...If no Internet application is launched, he/she won't get
>disconnected. The problem seems to be on the user's side because only a
>few users encounter this problem. Any suggestion?

I've never encountered this before, but could it be that the customer's
idle-timeout setting (on his/her computer) is set too low? I don't know
what the minimum value is that can be used, but we had a customer the other
day run into this problem--the value was apparently set to zero or 1 or
something and it caused them to get knocked off left and right.

Have you looked at the user's disconnect causes for these sessions to see if
they display any more info?

Josh

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html