Re: [Emerald] Feature Request

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 01 Jul 1999 10:24:23 -0700

DAN TANG wrote:

> We would like user able to change the account type by themself through web
> interface, but the way Emerald does the consolidation would not allow us to
> change account.

This is something we are looking to address in a future release.

> My suggestion is:
> We should keep the balance field in the MBR, customer can pay whatever
> amount they like, everytime the RADIUS receive a stop record, it should run
> a consolidation process, and reduce the amount of credit customer spent for
> this connection from the balance field. The balance field should allow for
> negative value. On the other hand, a lot of account have minium monthly
> charge, every day(month, quarter or year) Emerald should run a consolidation
> to reduce this amount from the balance as well. This way user can customize
> the consolidation process according to account type as well.

Can you give me an example of a set of services the customer would
frequently switch between where this kind of real-time processing
is required? I'm just curious more than anything.

> By the way, on next version, could you change all the MONEY data type to
> FLOAT, so the invoice would print properly.

Please expand on this? Why are the invoices currently not printing
properly? Money in SQL Server is accurate to 4 decimals.