Re: [Emerald] Auto CC incorrect Amount

Jeff Presley ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 17:49:29 -0800

On 29 Jan 99, at 16:38, Alan D. Criado wrote concerning:
[Emerald] Auto CC incorrect Amount

> Hello Dale.
>
> I'm using Emerald 2.5.225.
>
> Several points/problems.
>
> 1. One of my customers had two services, one for 19.95 and a second for
> 24.95, which totals to 44.90 that he WAS getting billed. I deleted the
> second service so that only the 19.95 service remains. This last batch
> run correctly charged his credit card 19.95; however, when I had Emerald
> read in the .Dat file from ICVerify, Emerald applied 44.90 to his account.
> It said a payment of 44.90 CC Auto. This is the information in the
> History Tab of the this particular client.

We will have to take a look at that. The current Emerald client in
the released section is .227 and we are gearing up to release an
even later one which has rolled in a number of fixes. What items
show up in the history tab? Could that charge have been a
hangover from one of those previous invoices?

> 2. I'm still having a problem with users that have disconnected but
> Emerald's Online Tab still shows them as connected. Even though there is
> a 240 min. time limit on every account, Emerald's Online shows them there
> with their time still racking up into the thousands of mins. The users
> are not able to log back in, because Emerald thinks they are still online.
> I mentioned this before, but have not gotten this resolved.

The issue here is typically that for whatever reason the stop record
(UDP datatype) hasn't successfully made it into the database.
Some NAS' support snmp which allows RadiusNT to query the
SNMP MIB of the NAS to see if indeed the person is still logged
on. However we aren't prepared to accept the support burden of
explaining to everyone how /their/ NAS supports snmp, and would
request that the NAS vendor who just made $35,000 from their
customer help in that regard. As time allows, we will pick ONE
NAS and document how this works, this does not require us
however to document how snmp works for all 150 NAS' which
support RADIUS today (but who might not even support snmp).

> 3. There are times when I want to open someone's MBR and Emerald tells
> that I already have it open (I opened it previously and had forgotten it).
> Can you please have Emerald just switch over to the already opened MBR
> instead of telling me it's already opened? It would be so much easier
> than having to clear the "already opened" message, click on Window, then
> Windows List and then the already opened window.

We can look into this. It might be an artifact of the Window
manager used by VB.

> 4. It would be nice if in the History it would show the VOIDED invoices
> under the TYPE. Right now it shows the VOIDED invoices as just INVOICE
> and it's hard to distinguish which Invoices are valid ones and which ones
> are the voided ones.

We can look into this also. Before we get into too many new
features we need to verify that the CURRENT version is as bullet
proof as we can make it. We have discovered that certain
combinations and permutations of settings and configurations out
there cause anomolies in the client and we need to resolve ALL of
those before we are able to even think about additions to the
product.

> 5. With the new Emerald it seems we've lost the ability to do single,
> on-the-fly type, invoices. Will this be added back in?

Actually it is still there. While looking at an MBR you need to pull
down the MASTER, New Invoice choice. This is your "on the fly"
invoice maker for selling modems, equipment, what have you.
There IS a bug and a workaround on this. The bug is that the tax
cannot be NONE which is the default. The reason this wasn't
discovered in testing is that most places have to charge sales
taxes on equipment sold even if they don't have sales tax on
Internet service.

The workaround if you aren't charging sales tax is to DEFINE a tax
of 0% in Emeradmin and use that tax when you are making the
New Invoice. The next client version will have solved this.

> Thanks.
>
> Alan D. Criado
>
> For more information about this list, including removal,
> please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

Jeff Presley - IEA Software www.iea-software.com
- Billing and Internet solutions today --
509/444 BILL ext 13, 509/624-9903 (fax)

please see http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html