Re: Run time error '424' - Object Required

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 May 1998 11:20:51 -0700

Jorge Pocaterra wrote:

> Hi Dale
>
> I Installed Emerald a few weeks ago for testing porpouses, cause i intend to
> buy it in the next couple days
>
> I think is the best in the market and it will fit our need very well
>
> But there are a couple things that are not working well in our installation
> (i'm running emerald admin 2.2.19 and emerald 2.2.23)
>
> 1.- On the Emerald Administrator
> 1.a.- when i select the billing grup tab it shows ---- Run time error
> '424' - Object Required ---- and quits the program.
> 1.b.- the operators tab shows nothing in it..
> 1.c.- when i select the billing cycles tab it shows ---- SQL Server error
> 208 Invalid object name 'billing Cycles' -- state =1, severity=16 ---------
> and does not let me add any info giving me the same error
> 1.d.- Tha Config access option -- dont let me modify operators and the
> operator access makes no sence showing operators and billing grups and the
> privileges (please explain how this works)

I just put version 2.2.31 of the Emerald Admin in the /emerald/beta/emerald22
directory, which will correct the billing groups tab problem. You should
ignore the biling cycle tab, as it has no use in Emerald 2.2. The Operator
access is a special remote case, and is not something that normal
installations will use. The upcoming Emerald 2.5 has full support for
operator access.

> 2.- regarding emerald the program works well but we are a little afraid of
> our first billing process, cuase it has a few steps and we don't want to
> screw up.
>
> 2.a.-how does the prorate feature works?

There is not a prorate feature is Emerlad 2.2. Its strictly an
anniversary based billing system.

> 2.b.-do you have any documentation that explains in more datail step by step
> the first and second billing process?

The steps are rather simple. Everything is done on the batch tab:

Enter any day in the month you want to bill for. For example, enter
6/1/98 in the date field for billing for the month of June. Make sure
type is renewal, and then select create. That will create all the invoices
for customers that expire in June. Next, change the date to today's date,
and click print. That will print the invoices you just created.