Re: Recommend NT mail server

Norris Sydnor ( (no email) )
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:20:24 -0500

I guess you do get what you pay for. I have never used the freeware
version of SLMail. However, I did pay for the full product over 2 years
ago an it works like a charm for us. I have about 350 POP3 users on it and
a mailing list that has over 2500 members. It does all of this with out a
burp. I have never seen the BSOD generated from SLMail. ANd catch this,
It runs on the the same machine as Website and Serv-U. That's just my
experience. Get what works for ya!

Norris Sydnor

At 06:36 AM 2/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 06:59 PM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Check out SLMail at http://www.seattlelab.com It does virtual domains.
>>This means you would assign multiple domain names to the same IP. However,
>>in order to do users under different domains, you have to create a user
>>under the primary domain and then create a forward under the virtual domain.
>>
>>It works for us.
>
>I had HORRIBLE experiences with SLMail. It was unable to handle a simple
>"distribution" list, a hand-made mailing list with about 80 forwarding
>addresses associated with it, with moderate traffic of 100 messages per
>forwarding address per day. It would GPF, it would crash the machine with
>a BSoD, it was thoroughly unstable, and had memory gushers. This was the
>freeware trial version they posted. I dumped it in favor of NTMail.
>
>You get what you pay for.

**************************************
CAPITAL CITY INTERNET
ADDRESS: 10111 MLK, JR. HWY.