Re: Recommend NT mail server

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 06:36:11 -0500

At 06:59 PM 2/16/98 -0500, you wrote:

>Check out SLMail at http://www.seattlelab.com It does virtual domains.
>This means you would assign multiple domain names to the same IP. However,
>in order to do users under different domains, you have to create a user
>under the primary domain and then create a forward under the virtual domain.
>
>It works for us.

I had HORRIBLE experiences with SLMail. It was unable to handle a simple
"distribution" list, a hand-made mailing list with about 80 forwarding
addresses associated with it, with moderate traffic of 100 messages per
forwarding address per day. It would GPF, it would crash the machine with
a BSoD, it was thoroughly unstable, and had memory gushers. This was the
freeware trial version they posted. I dumped it in favor of NTMail.

You get what you pay for.