Re: Can't Invoice Next Term

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:47:06 -0500

At 12:03 PM 2/17/98 -0800, you wrote:

>And unlike the Multi-Million dollar phone business that can afford
>to have hundreds of thousands of dollars in outstanding bills, most of
>the ISP's I know of can't afford to have all of their cash flow
>outstanding. If you are the exception, then I apologize.

Quite the opposite.... But I find that it costs VERY little to carry
someone. If you collect on just TEN PERCENT of such accounts, with a
little helpful and gentle dunning, then that's extra income you otherwise
wouldn't have had -- and its no more expensive than the cost of sending out
a statement....

Now when/if Emerald ever gets the ability to DO statements.... ;-)

Right now, we have approximately $42,000 in outstanding receivables, mostly
from our software sales, MOST of it current, but about $8,000 of it older
than 90 days. We still try to collect that revenue, and will "break even"
on it when we collect $1000. The rest is profit, since otherwise, you'd
just write it off. Perhaps that DOES make us the exception.