Re: Can't Invoice Next Term

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 15:43:59 -0500

At 11:36 AM 2/17/98 -0800, you wrote:

>You can extend customers if they are paying late.

Believe me, I'm INTIMATELY familiar with the names of EVERY ONE of my paper
invoice customers. I'm ALWAYS in there extending them. EVERY month. ;-)

>There is a funny thing about users, though. Many sites Emerald goes
>into complain about this and have a heavy adjustment period.

Hello. ;-)

>But after
>a couple of months the users realize if they don't pay on time, they
>don't play.

When you only have a hundred customers, and are trying to grow, you can't
AFFORD to lose those twenty accounts that won't pay with a credit card. If
*I* don't carry then, someone else WILL. If we had 5,000 customers, it'd
be a different story, believe me.

>You can give them a permanent extend of say five days,
>so that even if they pay a day late their account still works.

Done that, too.