Re: External System NTMail

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:01:04 -0800

Waldemar Born wrote:

> i have a problem with NTMail working as external system with Emerald.
> I edited the registry on the NTMail Server according to the readme from
> emer_ntm.dll.
> I added an IEA key for the ODBC information and created an System DSN
> called Emerald on the NTMail Server. NTMail and Emerald/SQL/RadiusNT are on
> different Servers. What do I have to do to make it work?

In the registry, you should have created an IEA\RadiusNT key, and
put the four values under that (username, password, ODBCDataSource,
and ESID). You ESID is probably 1.

The DSN should point to your SQL Server and your Emeald databse.

If you are using Emerald 2.1, you need to run the SQL script against
your database to create the External System entry. Emerald 2.2
and higher have an NTMail ES type that you can use to create
the ES. Then finally, associate the service types you want to
have email accounts to the External system.