Re: USR / Login without intervention

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:29:20 -0800

David Moore wrote:

> You require the Netserver card and I our case Quad Analog / Digital modem
> cards, add PPTP as one off the protocols in NT networking, set the number of
> virtual private networks to match the number of modems in the chassis, setup
> the modems to hard wired, setup PPTP in the global options on the Netserver
> card for the Windows NT RAS server host address, and away you go you have
> RAS modems. This setup is quite effective however I have noticed that
> RadusNT is about 75% faster or in real terms 3-3.5k per second download rate
> on RAS, and 5-6.5k per second download rate for RadiusNT I put this down to
> NT overhead as all packets would then encapsulate and go through the RAS as
> apposed to going to the default gateway or wherever.

Is there a way to auth the call and then send back an attribute from
RadiusNT to tell the USR to setup a PPTP to NT rather than do PPTP
on all calls?

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (daler@iea.com)_________________________________________________________________       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  |   http://www.iea-software.com