Re: WAS ISP Billing Programs Blooming

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:36:28 -0000

Well, NTPaymaster ( http://www.imagen.net ) is a $670 ( there is a special
beta price ) billing software that could import Radius log files and
generate invoices. They claim to have a web interface.

Since I haven't been able to make Emerald work ( since nobody has answered
my plea for help ), I don't know if the two are comparable.

ISP Billing ( http://www.isp-billing.com ) is REALLY feature packed and
free for 150 users or less. It can get its input from Radius, but it
requires you to set up some perl script to email your bills.

ISP Manager ( http://www.omegasoftware.com ) is a low priced ( $500 )
billing software with great reporting capabilities and a nice interface.
Its reports ( Crystal Reports based .rpt ) can be posted on the web thru
the use of Crystal Report's web engine. The only drawback I see is that ISP
Manager only interfaces with NT RAS. If you're into RAS, you'll find its
integration really nice. You can create users with the billing software
itself. I will ask them if they've a Radius version available.

GreenSoft's software is nice, but it's steeply priced.

Let me know which one you'll pick.

- Danny Sinang