Re: Upgraded to NT 4.0

Phillip heller ( pheller@csonline.net )
Fri, 09 May 1997 01:24:22 -0400

David Totzke wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We just added and new server to your small ISP network. I wanted
> to get some feedback on some of the software I am still running
> on my other NT 3.52 sp5 servers. I am planning to replace one of
> our smaller NT servers with the new NT 4.0 box. I am running
> Bind on that older server and would like to place that into the
> new NT 4.0 box. Has any one had any problems with that type of
> setup? Is the DNS in NT 4.0 any good?
>
> I also run serv-u ftp on the old box, any one have any trouble
> with the NT 4.0 box with serv-u?
>
> I would like some feedback on the web server. I run website pro
> 1.1 on the older system and may switch it over to the new NT 4.0
> box also. Should I use the IIS or put in the website pro.
>
> All comments welcome.
>
> Thanks in advanced
> Dave Totzke
> JCN, Inc.

We're running all NT 4 servers here and are quite happy with their
performance. We're also using IIS 2.0 and NT4 DNS. IIS has worked with
out a hitch but be advised that NT 4 DNS is somewhat buggy. We
installed SP2 and the hotfixes and the bugs seemed to go away.

Good Luck!
-Phil

Phillip Heller http://www.csonline.net/pheller
pheller@csonline.net Internet Engineer, CSOnline
-=! I write what I think, not what my employer does !=-