Re: Emerald charges

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 01:50:43 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> Can a charge in emerald be voided or deleted?
>
> I just created a charge for an account for $-19.95 (credit) after voiding
> an invoice that had already been paid, since there's no way to reverse that
> apparently. Unfortunately, when I look at the customer's History, the
> charge shows as $19.95 and NOT -19.95. After batch-creating a few invoices
> today, this customer's came up and showed the charge and the regular
> renewal amount and added them together just as it should have, BUT the
> charge is a positive number instead of a negative number, so the invoice
> total was too much.
>
> How do I delete or void the charge??

In 2.1.13 as long as the charge hasn't been apllied to an invoice, you
can hit the delete key from the history tab to delete a charge. This
works for payments as well.

> Should I have created an Invoice for -19.95 instead of a charge??

No. It should have worked (it used to). I'll have to see why it
didn't.
You may want to try (19.95) rather than -19.95, depending on what you
have
for negative currency format in your regional settings.

> All I'm trying to do is "nullify" the reception (in Emerald) of the payment
> because it came a month early.

See Above. I'll make 2.1.13 available soon. I just need to check a
couple
of things. It also includes the ability to have a comment to a payment
and
the return of the the Other field for balance.