Re: Emerald and Radius option settings

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 20 Apr 1997 00:07:30 -0700

James Sandusky wrote:

> I would like to know what each "option" setting in Radius does when being used with Emerald.
>
> Concurrency Control

Allows limiting users to one login at a time

> Manual Calls Update

Should not be used with Emerald

> Time Banking

Allows you to use the Time Left field to specify how many minutes the
user can use

> Manual Service Update

Should not be used with Emerald

> MS Access Database

Is an obsolete option, and should not be used at all.

> Ascend Max Time

Use the Ascend-Maximum-Time attribute rather than Session-Timeout
for time banking.

> Variable Login Limits

Allows use of the Login Limits field for concurrency control.

> Which "options" should be turn on for an installation in use with Emerald? We currently only use just Concurrency control.
> I know I probably don't want MS Access Database and Ascend Max Time turned on as we use a portmaster with Emerald. What about the rest of them?

See Above. Typically you would only have concurrency control and maybe
variable login limits.