Re: Emerald management

John C. Lange, Sr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:33:28 -0600

HI Dale

I can only agree with Marc's opinion. Being an investor in this project
I agree that the combined efforts of serveral top notch coders, would
quickly clear the bugs off my screen & make Emerald an even more
valuable and profitable investment.

Dale, this is not an attack on your abilities. It seems as if you are
incredibly over worked. It takes a good share of the day, just
answering eMail. When do you find time to code?

Next, I'm using .75 with few problems, is there an upgrade that would
be benificial at this point.

JOhn :}

Marc Elbirt wrote:

> Dale:
>
> Although I appreciate not having to wait for full releases from you, there
> is a big problem with the presence of beta releases on line.
>
> The problem is that they create a complacency in your customer base, among
> those who are not deeply affected by bugs which exist in the released
> software or in the betas. This complacency exacerbates the big problem
> with this software; which is that it is not ready for release, that it is
> still full of bugs and that there are plenty of necessary functions which
> have been omitted.
>
> This problem rests squarely on your shoulders. However, I don't blame you.
> You are clearly overloaded by a project which requires at least two more
> engineers of your caliber. And I must say, your caliber is extremely high.
> But this software project will not survive if Computech doesn't hire some
> more people to help you. You cannot continue to be responsible for this
> mailing list, guiding the project, and doing all the coding... Not to
> mention the RadiusNT software, and the ServU DLL.
>
> This message is also directed to Computech's management. Although Emerald
> is visionary and its utility unquestionable, unless you dedicate more
> resources to it and to your customers, we will grow continously more
> unhappy. Please do something; my business depends on you.

Emerald 2.0.75Primary: Radius 1.16.49 -> DOS Prompt => Radius.exe -x15 -b -R1NT Workstation 3.51 sp5Secondary: Radius 1.16.49 -> DOS Prompt => Radius.exe -x15 -b -R1NT Server 4.0 NFR no/spSQL 6.5.201 NFRIntel P133 32MB ram3 - PM2e-30'sUSR Sportster 33.6K

JOhn :}

---------------------------------------------------John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.mailto:microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers!http://www.palacenet.net/ 230 West Cook Street608.742.1601 & 6980 Portage, WI 53901---------------------------------------------------