RE: [Emerald] Radius Exploit

Emerald (emerald@nls.net)
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:28:30 -0500

From: "Emerald" <emerald@nls.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Radius Exploit
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:28:30 -0500

> The RadiusNT/X cache should prevent this from consuming all
> resources, allowing it to respond to other requests as well.

> Have you ever seen a Max TNT with a DS3 (700+ lines) have the DS3
> bounced?

As a matter of fact I've seen that exact thing happen and our radiusNT
server did seem to handle the load without any problem that I could see.

However the cache you mentioned above, is that part of RadiusNT 2.5.214 or
is this something you put into the new radius? Is there much difference
between the two with regard to this sort of issue?

Geo.

.