Re: [Emerald] Emerald .337

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:33:35 -0700

Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:33:35 -0700
From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Emerald .337

Ronnie Franklin wrote:

> How I do it should not matter.. what matters is the billing dates are wrong.
>
> I even tried setting the MBR to Inactive, then back to Active.. which
> changed the Paid Thru and Expire dates to todays date.. and that is fine..
> created a new invoice for one month, paid it with the credit on file.. and
> that SHOULD have set the Paid Thru and expire dates to 1 MONTH from today..
> guess what.. it set BOTH those to THE PREVIOUS DATES.. which are 9 months
> out...
>
> Bottom line.. You are giving away free service if you rely on Emerald
> 2.5.337 to keep the dates correct... and you MUST watch those dates EVERY
> TIME you make a payment....
>
> Maybe another version works fine.. I just shouldn't have to find out the
> hard way!!!

The problem is that you created two invoices that overlap. You need to
void the original invoice before you adjust the dates and everything
will be fine. Because there is an invoice in the system for the
MBR that is shown as paid through that date, thats what Emerald sets
the date to. Just because there is an (which is the real
question/issue of how it created the second invoice) overlapping
invoice inside the original invoice dates, doesn't take precedense.

This isn't a version issue at all.

--

Dale E. Reed Jr. Emerald and RadiusNT/X __________________________________________ IEA Software, Inc. www.iea-software.com .