Re: [RadiusNT] Port numbers on a MAX 6000

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:47:41 -0500

Randy,

In your 4000, check this setting:
Main Edit Menu --> 00-000 System --> 00-100 Sys Config --> New NASPortID
I think yours might be set to yes, making your NASPort IDs look like what a
TNT uses. Ours is set to no.

It relates to some info that's listed below (pulled it from the 7.0.0
documentation (.pdf file)). Although we're not talking about SNMP stuff, it
does mention something about the NASPort formatting differences.

Ability to Set or Get NAS Port ID format via SNMP
Ascend units affected: MAX
Introduced in: 7.0.0
The MAX can report the NAS port value in a format that is appropriate to MAX
TNT unit's
multishelf and multislot architecture of the system, or for compatibility
with other Ascend
units NAS port values, you can specify that the MAX reports NAS port values
in five digits.
For complete information on both NAS port ID formats, see the MAX RADIUS
Guide.
With this release, administrators can use NavisAccess and other SNMP network
management
stations to Set or Get the NAS Port ID format (radiusNewNASPortIDFormat). To
support this
functionality, the following object has been added to radiusGroup in
radius.mib:
radiusNewNASPortIDFormat OBJECT-TYPE
SYNTAX INTEGER {
true(1),
false(2)
}
ACCESS read-write
STATUS mandatory
DESCRIPTION
"TRUE if new NAS port ID format is used, FALSE if old NAS Port
ID is used. On the TNT product family the new NAS port ID format
is used by default. The old format cannot be used for
multi-shelf systems or if any line cards are in a slot
greater than the twelfth position."
::= { radiusGroup 5 }
If the MAX supports RADIUS accounting, you must not set the
radiusNewNASPortIDFormat
value while the system has active sessions.