Re: [RadiusNT] Port numbers on a MAX 6000

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 31 Mar 2000 13:25:44 -0500

From: Randy Martin <IEARadius@austintx.net>
> Well, that is what the manual says, BUT that's not how the 4000 works! I
have two MAX 4000's, and both of the return ports numbered starting at 1 on
WAN port 1 and going to xx depending on how many PRIs you have plugged in. I
had to say that the type of NAS was an Ascend TNT in order for the re-port
function in Emerald Admin to create the ports correctly.

> Do you have personal knowledge of the 40xx MAx generating these types of
port numbers, as described in the manual? If so, what build/version of the
firmware are you running on the 4000?

We have a mix of 4004/4048/4002 Maxes here. All are using 7.0.22 that will
soon be updated to 7.0.26
I've never had a problem with the port number--with any OS version dating
back to 4.6C (over 3.5 years ago).
The 40xx series doesn't support anything higher than TAOS 7.0.x
ftp://ftp.ascend.com/pub/Software-Releases/Max/Release-7.0.X

Josh