Re: [RadiusNT] Ascend Max3000 and Radius Accounting

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 10:31:10 -0800

Denny Figuerres wrote:

> Thanks for the info.
> I think the content is normally much less than 250 chars but the doc's I
> have from CISCO do say "Max 256 bytes"
> They did this for the (IMHO) *WRONG* reason, so that a brain damaged RADIUS
> that won't support VSA's can work!

Well, its definately wrong. The AVP length value in RADIUS includes
the attribute and length byte itself. Therefore, the max size of a
data segment can only be 254.

> Yuck! Just give me a list of VSA's to add and keep all this as separate
> Attributes in the Calls Table!

Are you talking about Cisco's VSA AV-Pair attribute?

> By the way if you want the poop on this email me direct and I'll put you in
> touch with the guy at CISCO who wrote the paper.
>
> Perhaps you can convert him to the *RIGHT* kind of Radius? : -)

I wouldn't mind seeing the paper.