Re: [RadiusNT] .209 and VSA

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 11:02:29 -0800

Herman verschooten wrote:
> Hi,
> I must be doing something wrong, because VSA's do not seem to work for
> me. Is there a switch somewhere you have to turn on to make them work?
> I have the RadAttributes-table with an entry for our Cisco AS5300.
> Attribute 26, Vendor 9, VendorType 1, String. What I get back in the
> accounting-record is what you can find below. It's the output of an
> adapted version of the perl radlogin-script. The values are just for
> testing. If you look at the packet, you'll see that it does send back
> the attribute 26 (1a), the length 12 (c), the vendor 9, but no data...
> The radius-specs say it should contain
> attr: name (6) =User-Service value=Framed-User
> attr: name (7) =Framed-Protocol value=Xylogics
> attr: name (10) =Framed-Routing value=Broadcast-Listen
> attr: name (12) =Framed-MTU value=1500
> attr: name (13) =Framed-Compression value=Van-Jacobsen-TCP-IP
> attr: name (18) =Reply-Message value=test
> attr: name (26) =Vendor-Specific value=

What does your RadConfigs/RadATConfigs table look like? Are you
using the data column, and not the value column? Attrib #26 is
a string, therefore, you should be using the data column. I'm
guessing that you put the info in the value column, and left
the data column empty (therefore its sending an empty string).