[Emerald] SQL 7.0 upgrade

Bernard Andrys ( (no email) )
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 20:03:34 -0500

The one big thing that I'm concerned about 7.0 is that you said external
authentication is alot slower with SQL 7. We have Mailsite and Serve-U
authenticating off of Emerald. It already gets very slow at peak times
(sometimes enough for the POP3 clients to time out). My concern is that we
do the upgrade to 7.0 during off-peak hours (Saturday Morning), and then
find that Mailsite doesn't work at all on Monday night.

....or was your "external authentication" comment refering to something else
in SQL? (like login's?)

Thanks