[Emerald] temporary accounts

Monica Zimmerman (monicaz@pinehurst.net)
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:30:15 -0500

From: "Monica Zimmerman" <monicaz@pinehurst.net>
Subject: [Emerald] temporary accounts
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:30:15 -0500

Hello,

Does anyone deal with people who come and go seasonally? If so, how do you enter them into the system (Emerald 4.5.6) so that they just have to pay for the entire time and not have recurring billing?

For example, they say they'll pay from today, March 17 through End of October when they go back up north. Right now we'll just charge them for that time and set their dates to October, etc. How can I have the system calculate that amount they owe for that whole period at re-signup time? Could I set the expire date to sept 30 and then create invoices? and then should I do a cancel effective that date right now too so they're all set? Or just do a point of sale for the service and be done with it? Just want to automate this.

Another related question: If a customer is cancelled and expired, but their record still says they can do remote login for customer access, can we tell customers that quit that at any time they can login and resign-up by making a payment there???

Thanks.