RE: [Emerald] Question: Emerald Signup Form

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:04:04 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Question:  Emerald Signup Form
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 10:04:04 -0700

> I am about to embark on what I have recently found as a very tedious
> task. The perl signup form no longer functions for my needs, so I must
> build a new one that can handle the diversity of my setup. I will be
> using PHP as my programming language of choice. My question to you all;
> Has anyone outlined the database scheme, after reviewing the perl signup
> form I see that to create a new account consists of querying more than
> 15 different tables, and 23 different queries. I just need an outline
> of all the Tables reqiured to create a new account for a user to login
> to our service. If anyone has this information and feels friendly

Well, its really only two tables that you have to insert into, the first being the MasterAccounts table with the other being the SubAccounts table. However, the other 12 tables are reference tables like Groups, Regions, etc, that need to match IDs.

The perl script pulls a lot of that information from the Configs Table so that you can configure your options from the Emerald Admin. I'd recommend following how the Perl script does it so that yours will be compatable with future signup servers we write as well.

You can also find database documentation at the following URL:

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/EmeraldV4/Docs/V4_Db_structure/

Dale