Re: [Emerald] Another SQL question

Jason Newland (newlandj@areatech.com)
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:51:49 -0500

From: "Jason Newland" <newlandj@areatech.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Another SQL question
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:51:49 -0500

(sorry for the double post)

Also, I walked through the indexing wizard on our system last night
(sql2000), and it stated that we would achieve a 67% increase in performance if we ran it. Is this something that I should / could do without damaging anything? Or will this adversly interfere with Emerald operations?

Thanks

Jason

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 1:24 PM Subject: RE: [Emerald] Another SQL question

> > I have to reboot the server about once every 3 months to be able to get
> > reports to even come out. I can generate my own Crystal Reports in
> > seconds, so I know it is not SQL.. Has to be internal to Emerald.
>
> Emerald has to ask Crystal to Export the Report to a PDF, then send
> the PDF to your browser. For a one page report, its usually pretty
> quick.
>
> However, for a large multi-page report, it has to export ALL pages,
> before Emerald can send the PDF to your browser. In Contract, when
> previewing the report in Crystal, it only generates the first page,
> and then as you move from page to page, does the rest.
>
> Dale

> This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's