RE: [Emerald] Another SQL question

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Fri, 9 May 2003 11:53:15 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Another SQL question
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 11:53:15 -0700

> So in the interest of resolving this, is there a way that I can time these
> events? I would like to see how long it is taking for the DB to generate
> the request to the Crystal engine, and then how long the engine takes to
> render the data in PDF...

Stop the Emerald Web server service and run it in foreground debug mode (emerwebsrv -debug 255). When a print job occurs, you'll see the familiar "Export Recods" window from Crystal Reports. You can use that to determine the start of the print job and the Pages exported.

> Maybe if I knew the specific SP or query that was performed I
> could trace it out....

The reports typically use a query in the report. If you load the report in Crystal, you can select Database, show SQL Query to see it. You can also use the SQL Profiler to see the actual query that crystal Sent.

Dale