Re: [Emerald] Another SQL question

Jason Newland (newlandj@areatech.com)
Fri, 9 May 2003 13:49:10 -0500

From: "Jason Newland" <newlandj@areatech.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Another SQL question
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:49:10 -0500

So in the interest of resolving this, is there a way that I can time these events? I would like to see how long it is taking for the DB to generate the request to the Crystal engine, and then how long the engine takes to render the data in PDF...

Maybe if I knew the specific SP or query that was performed I could trace it out....

I know I don't ask for much :)

Thanks

Jason
----- Original Message ----- From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Friday, May 09, 2003 1:24 PM Subject: RE: [Emerald] Another SQL question

> > I have to reboot the server about once every 3 months to be able to get
> > reports to even come out. I can generate my own Crystal Reports in
> > seconds, so I know it is not SQL.. Has to be internal to Emerald.
>
> Emerald has to ask Crystal to Export the Report to a PDF, then send
> the PDF to your browser. For a one page report, its usually pretty
> quick.
>
> However, for a large multi-page report, it has to export ALL pages,
> before Emerald can send the PDF to your browser. In Contract, when
> previewing the report in Crystal, it only generates the first page,
> and then as you move from page to page, does the rest.
>
> Dale

> This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's