RE: [Emerald] Radius 2.5 Connect-Info Question

Jim Sheldon (jsheldon@texascom.com)
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:07:12 -0600

From: "Jim Sheldon" <jsheldon@texascom.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Radius 2.5 Connect-Info Question
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:07:12 -0600

I wanted to add I am using Emerald version 4.1.

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Jim Sheldon Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 5:06 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: RE: [Emerald] Radius 2.5 Connect-Info Question

I finally got this working after much head scratching. You have to alias the attribute in Emerald admin. Specifically, go to admin, radius, vendors, usr, connect-speed and set the alias vendor to Radius Standard and the alias attribute to connect-info. I also did the opposite and aliased the standard connect-info to the USR connect-speed. I don't know which one made it work. but it does work and is much easier to read than having a chart taped to the monitor.

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Network Operations Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 3:25 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: [Emerald] Radius 2.5 Connect-Info Question

I have never gotten Connect-Info to work properly and cannot find anything that helps in the archives.

When in debuging view I see the response from my modem pool (Total control HiperArc) listed as Connect-Info = 53333 for example. Yet in the SQL insert statement the value 34 is written to the serverports table.

Naturally in the Online view, the 33 is displayed.

So, how do I get the 53333 translation of 34 written to the database?

The Connect-Info Attribute exists: type integer name 3com/USR Type 36899

and the attribute values exist, I believe I had to add these to get as far as I am now.

Thanks John

This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at http://www.iea-software.com/support.

For more information about this list (including removal) go to: http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart