RE: [Emerald] ISDN Setup on Version 4.5.1?

Ali Resting (ali@realnet.co.sz)
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:21:41 +0200

From: "Ali Resting" <ali@realnet.co.sz>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] ISDN Setup on Version 4.5.1?
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 11:21:41 +0200

Hi Josh,

Thanks for your assitance, it solved my problem.

Ali

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Josh Hillman Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 7:44 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: Re: [Emerald] ISDN Setup on Version 4.5.1?

If you're trying to prevent someone paying for regular dial-up from dial-up via ISDN, you should pass the following radius attribute with your regular PPP sessions:
  NAS-Port-Type = 0 (Async) That will prevent a digital connection such as ISDN from connecting. If the person is paying for ISDN service, you could prevent analog sessions from connecting (NAS-Port-Type = 1 (Sync)), but generally, there's not much point in doing that. See section "5.41. NAS-Port-Type" of RFC-2865
(RADIUS):

  ftp://ftp.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2865.txt

To control how many channels can be used by an ISDN session, you can either limit the Emerald "login limit" (concurrency) to 1 or 2, etc. or you may be able to use a radius VSA (vendor specific attribute) associated with your access server to control the number of allowed channels as it relates to multilink protocol since the "login limit" in Emerald is not necessarily associate with MP.

Josh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ali Resting" <ali@realnet.co.sz> To: <support@iea-software.com> Cc: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 5:12 AM Subject: [Emerald] ISDN Setup on Version 4.5.1?

> Hi
> I am using Emerald Version 4.5.1. I need to be able to distinguish my
normal
> 56k dial ups from my ISDN dial ups. How would I implement this via the
> radius settings so I can also control who has 64k ISDN and/or 128k ISDN.
>
> Regards
>
> Ali Resting
> Real Image Internet

> This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's

For more information about this list (including removal) go to: http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststart