Re: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius

Billy Huddleston (billy@nxs.net)
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:49:37 -0400

From: "Billy Huddleston" <billy@nxs.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 09:49:37 -0400

I never use Framed-Route unless they have more than 1 subnet.. Otherwise, I just assign them a static ip address with the Framed-Subnet.. They get the whole subnet routed to them that way..

I think it's net/subnet gateway metrix .. So... 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.1 1 I think.. Been a while since I've done one of those..

Thanks, Billy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Network Operations" <admin@isoc.net> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 9:37 AM Subject: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius

> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to figure out how to get Radius to assign
> a route to my hiper-arc for dial ISDN customers.
>
> The customers have static framed addresses assigned
> and I usually add the route in the hiper-arc thru the
> CLI but sometimes they get lost after a reboot.
>
> So I am trying to use the Framed-Route attribute but
> not sure what to put in the value? what is the proper
> format? Is it something like destination x.x.x.x
> gateway x.x.x.x metric x. Or is it the command I would
> use if I was doing it in the hiper-arc cli? ie:
> add route x.x.x.x/x gateway x.x.x.x metric x
>
> Anyone have any ideas?
>
> TIA
> John

> This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA
Software's