Re: [NTISP] Post.Office and program delivery

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:30:15 -0700

Will LaSala wrote:

> > > Nope, you're wrong. See previous post.
> >
> > I'm not wrong. <SNIP>
>
> Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed...
> hehe,
> But Dale you are absolutely right the command utilities are good for scripts
> but not for any real programs.
> I've used them in perl but I'd rather use TCP sockets for most of the stuff
> I need (other than management).
>
> However to Paul's defense, he does have a very strong product and when ever
> I've needed help they have always been right on top of it.

I have a Post.Office license sitting here that I play with. I'd love
to use it, I just need Software.Com to work with us a little and get
some good APIs in. I always liked the product and we still have
some support for it today. I just wish we could finish the full
support for it, rather than a one-time sync only. :(

I spent hours with Robert and Software.Com when 3.0 came out to
resolve problems (incompatabilities) in the 2.x -> 3.x mail handling
differences. I guess what I am trying to say is that I'm not trying
to say anything bad about them or the product as we do wish to
continue supporting it.