Re: [NTISP] Disconnecting Problem

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:21:55 -0700

mbailey@journey.net wrote:

> Your not getting the Accounting stop record from the Ascend's... Pretty
> typical here until we went to 7.0.4 TAOS and set high delay times on the
> accounting information.. Someone at iea-software might ahve a better idea.
> We do a check every morning to see if there are any obvious problems..

I ran into a situation the other day where setting the accounting delay
on a MAX to 60, caused it to always send two accounting records. It was
real wierd. Typical probably with the Ascend are caused by an incorrect
accounting timeout setting. It should be 5-10 seconds. Don't set it
any different, or you may get undesirable results.