RE: [NTISP] Hello All - Some asy questions...

Kevin Coveney ( (no email) )
Mon, 14 Jun 1999 13:24:03 -0400

Dedicate the full T1/PRI to dial-up access. Look into a RAS unit
like and Ascend MAX. (we're using a MAX4048) It will handle all
analog calls (v.90 support) and ISDN calls automatically. It's
as simple as that. You can even expand it to dual PRIs.

The MAX will handle all of your authentication internally unless you
want to put up a RADIUS server (probably a must if you have multiple
RAS boxes and want to centralize authentication).

Take your old POTS phone line and use them for voice. The PRI can
have multiple Tel#s but you'll only need one. The telephone company
should be able to migrate you POTS tel# to the PRI line and give you
new ones for your POTS lines.

-Kevin Coveney