Re: [NTISP] Need help with my USR Netserver 16

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 May 1999 10:50:38 -0700

"Kurt A. Butzin" wrote:

> Hear, hear
>
> Since this is an ISP list I assume noe of us are getting this mail over a
> modem connection, so if it helpos someone out whats the big deal in an
> attachment. I didn't even notice it until the complaints started.

Actually, it was a mis-configuration of the lists. We moved them
over to a DB about 1/2 mount ago and the new config for this
list didn't have a size limit. I've since corrected that. These
lists are for discussions, rather than sharing files. Any message
larger than 16K will be correctly rejected now. Since there are
over 500 users on this list, a 200k message would accumalate 100mb
of bandwidth to send out. :( 200k isn't a lot for one connection,
but 100mb takes it tole on our connection .

If you have a file that you want to make accessible, send it to me
and I will be happy to put it somewhere on our FTP site.