Re: [NTISP] Post.Office

Kitt Diebold ( kitt-lists@connecticom.com )
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 14:20:15 -0500

I felt the same way a year and a half ago when it was going to cost me
$2500 to upgrade from 3.12 to 3.5. Post.Office was behind the rest in spam
prevention, and we always had problems with subscribers being mysteriously
being kicked off the mailing lists. The huge investment was a kick in the
pants.

Now we're very happily using Sendmail on a FreeBSD unix machine (we were
using Post.Office on NT) and we get frequent updates that don't cost us two
months rent.

My $0.02.

-Kitt

>If there are more than a few of us that are upset at the expense of
>Post.Office and their apparent lack of concern for the smaller ISP's.
>Then why does not everyone just respond to my personal address or the
>NTISP, we will give everyone until Wednesday to respond. I promise that
>first thing Thursday morning I will call Software.com and address all of
>our concerns. If one of us calls that is one thing. But we all now
>what happens if we inform them of a large group of ISP's that are not
>completely satisfied. We pay good money for this programm and why
>should we suffer to our competition.
>

>For more information about this list, including removal,
>see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

Connecticom, Inc.
Internet Services for Business
716 546-3510