Re: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

Dave P. ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:01:54 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01BE6D62.6E864B30

I've just recently come on board as a small ISP this past May. I'm using =
PostOffice v3.1.2 and recently started
experiencing the same problems with customer's mail downloads stalling. =
I contacted Software.com and they
assured me it was an MS problem and that MS was fixing it with ver 5.0. =
One of my customer's said she had
just recently switched from a different ISP to me and never experienced =
the stalling (she's still using MS Outlook Express).
when she was with her other ISP. Appears to be a PostOffice problem at =
this point?
I had some of my customers switch to Netscape Communicator and problem =
went away. MS problem?
What gives? Maybe both of them have a problem? Will upgrading to a =
newer version of PO help?

-----Original Message-----
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office
=20
Understand..=20
=20
I have installed their "patch" for the "." problem.. but that does =
not solve my problem.. so I believe the problem is with Post.Office.. =
other proof is, that the same customer can go to a ISP that is NOT using =
Post.Office and get the exact same file that he could not get from me..
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01BE6D62.6E864B30

I've just recently come on board as =a small ISP=20this past May. I'm using PostOffice v3.1.2 and recently =started
experiencing =the same=20problems with customer's mail downloads stalling.  I contacted =Software.com=20and they
assured me it was an MS problem and that MS was =fixing it with=20ver 5.0.  One of my customer's said she had
just recently switched from a different ISP to me =and never=20experienced the stalling (she's still using MS Outlook =Express).
when she was with her other ISP.  Appears to be =a=20PostOffice problem at this point?
I had some of my customers switch to Netscape =Communicator and=20problem went away. MS problem?
What gives?  Maybe both of them have a =problem? =20Will upgrading to a newer version of PO help?

-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To: =ntisp@iea-software.com =<ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM
Subject: RE: [NTISP] =Imail vs=20 post-office

Understand..

I=20 have installed their "patch" for the "." =problem.. but=20 that does not solve my problem.. so I believe the problem is with=20 Post.Office.. other proof is, that the same customer can go to a ISP =that is=20 NOT using Post.Office and get the exact same file that he could not =get from=20 me..

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01BE6D62.6E864B30--