Re: [NTISP] Total control DSP modem problem

Carolyn Smith ( (no email) )
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 14:16:24 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BE6000.42C66F80

That gave me the message that it cannot change ports of a dynamic entry.

Just a question. Should is disable this slot from service while I do =
this? Could that be why I'm getting this message?

----- Original Message -----=20
From: Geoffrey L. Scully=20
To: ntisp@iea-software.com=20
Sent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 2:11 PM
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Total control DSP modem problem

Try just this.=20
set chassis slot "#" ports 24=20
Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

It's telling me that it cannot change a card type of a dynamic =
entry=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Geoffrey L. Scully
To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 2:03 =
PMSubject: Re: [NTISP] Total control DSP modem problem
Let me know if this does not work and I will try and see why not. =

Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

Thanks abunch.Carolyn=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Geoffrey L. Scully
To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent: Wednesday, February 24, 1999 =
1:49 PMSubject: Re: [NTISP] Total control DSP modem problem
Just Telnet in.=20
Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

Were do I enter this command at. In the TCM or do I use =
the console method. Carolyn=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Geoffrey L. Scully
To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent: Wednesday, February 24, =
1999 1:35 PMSubject: Re: [NTISP] Total control DSP modem problem
set chassis slot "#" type hdm_24 owner yes ports 24=20
This makes sure the particular slot is set up for Hiper =
DSP 24 ports=20

Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

Hello, I have one USR Total Control unit with 4 Hiper =
dsp cards(nodem cards) installed. The fourth card was the last installed =
and it has given us problems ever since. I had the card replaced but =
the problem is still somewhat there. The problem is that one of the =
modems (#24) has not been used since we installed the card. It is also =
returning the error of "pk bus generic error" in the TMC as the reason =
for call failure. I thought it might be because I use Channelized t1's =
but all the other cards modems never return this error. I also checked =
in my Hiper Arc Router mgr. software and found that the modem card is =
only returning 23 modems as being up. Does anyone out there use this =
same equipment and have any ideal what could be causing this problem? =
ThanksC. Smith

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BE6000.42C66F80

That gave me the message that it cannot change ports =of a=20dynamic entry.

Just a question.  Should is disable this slot =from=20service while I do this?  Could that be why I'm getting this=20message?

----- Original Message -----=20
From: =Geoffrey =L.=20 Scully
To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent:=20 Wednesday, February 24, 1999 2:03 PMSubject: Re: [NTISP] =Total=20 control DSP modem problem
 Let me know if this does not =work and=20 I will try and see why not.=20

Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

 Thanks =abunch.Carolyn=20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: Geoffrey L.=20 Scully
To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent:=20 Wednesday, February 24, 1999 1:49 PMSubject: Re: =[NTISP] Total=20 control DSP modem problem
 Just Telnet in.=20

Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

 Were do I =enter this=20 command at.  In the TCM or do I use the console =method.=20 Carolyn=20
----- Original Message =-----=20 To: ntisp@iea-software.comSent:=20 Wednesday, February 24, 1999 1:35 PMSubject: Re: =[NTISP]=20 Total control DSP modem problem
 set chassis =slot=20 "#" type hdm_24 owner yes ports 24=20

This makes sure the particular slot is set up for Hiper =DSP 24=20 ports=20

Carolyn Smith wrote:=20

Hello, I have one =USR Total=20 Control unit with 4 Hiper dsp cards(nodem cards)=20 installed. The fourth card was =the last=20 installed and it has given us problems ever since.  =I had=20 the card replaced but the problem is still somewhat =there. =20 The problem is that one of the modems (#24) has not been =used=20 since we installed the card.  It is also returning =the=20 error of "pk bus generic error" in the TMC as =the=20 reason for call failure.  I thought it might be =because I=20 use Channelized t1's but all the other cards modems =never return=20 this error. I also checked in my =Hiper Arc=20 Router mgr. software and found that the modem card is =only=20 returning 23 modems as being up. Does=20 anyone out there use this same equipment and have any =ideal what=20 could be causing this problem? ThanksC.=20 =Smith
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01BE6000.42C66F80--