Re: [NTISP] switching from SCSI to IDE

Dan Waldron ( (no email) )
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:52:14 +1100

My experience is to change add the IDE adapter in Control panel's SCSI
applet, run both drives, copy the data, remove the SCSI device driver,
remove the SCSI drive and reboot. Of course simply restoring a tape is the
better option..........

Rgds
Dan

+AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9AD0APQA9-
Dan Waldron
Net Sydney Internet Services
dan+AEA-netsydney.com
http://www.netsydney.com
Ph: 1300-300-005
Fax: +-61-2-9832-0951

-----Original Message-----
From: David Payer +ADw-david.payer+AEA-ia-omni.com+AD4-
To: ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com +ADw-ntisp+AEA-iea-software.com+AD4-
Date: Tuesday, December 22, 1998 11:40
Subject: +AFs-NTISP+AF0- switching from SCSI to IDE

+AD4-When I tried to copy (using the disk copy program from the makers of
+AD4-Partition Magic) NT from a SCSI disk to an Ultra DMA IDE hard drive, it
+AD4-appears to copy alright but it will not boot.
+AD4-
+AD4-The error indicates the boot device is wrong. The errors point to the scsi
+AD4-drivers not being able to load properly. (as expected, it isnt loading off
+AD4-an SCSI drive anymore) The drive works fine otherwise.
+AD4-
+AD4-Is there a way to keep this partition intact and simply transfer it to an
+AD4-IDE drive?
+AD4-
+AD4-TIA,
+AD4-
+AD4-David Payer
+AD4-OMNI Internet
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AD4-For more information about this list, including removal,
+AD4-see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html