Re: Fw: [RadiusNT] CVX Nortel Accounting packets

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:11:00 -0700

Herman verschooten wrote:

> With regards to the duplicates, we've been working with an RA8000 for over 2
> years now, and we've noticed that the AcctSessionID returns the same values
> after a while, especially if you have rebooted the NAS. To circumvent the
> problem we extended our Primary key to include the datetime. This allows us
> to protect the calls table from real doubles (resends due to timeouts, etc),
> and still enters the others.

That isn't true. CallDate is a timestamp. By putting that into the
primary
key, you are vitruaslly guranteeing that all records will be unique,
regardless
of whether they were a duplicate of another record or not. CallDate
should
never be in the primary key.