Re: [RadiusNT] SNMP concurrency-checking inconsistencies

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:05:20 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> From: Dale E. Reed Jr. <daler@iea-software.com>
> > Double check that Max 5 has a community defined, and that all ports
> > are defined for it.
>
> Max 5 has the same community names as the other Maxes we have (HP TopTools
> can read data from all of the Maxes) and the problem that we're having here
> isn't specific to just Max 5--it's with all of them and it appears to only
> be a problem when RadiusNT is running as a service--the SNMP concurrency
> checking appears to work fine when Radius is run from the command prompt as
> "radius -x18". I don't know why it'd work when running from the command
> prompt, but not as a service (unless it's some kind of permissions issue?)

Me either. Who is the RadiusNT Service configured to run as? One thing
that might affect is is double-check your data directory is pointing to
wherever your RadiusNT installion is, and make sure the mib.txt is in
there. If RadiusNT can't find the mib.txt, the SNMP thread will fail,
and so will the SNMP checking. Remember, the RadiusNT service starts
in the sytem32 directory, not the c:\radius directory (or whatever).

> > Unfortunately, witout a high debug mode, we
> > don't know what port they were on to see if that port exists and has
> > the SNMPUser set correctly.
>
> How can I get the high-debug mode running? The registry had "18" set in it,
> but what I sent you was the only information (for that connection).

Change it to like 31, which would get all the debug.