Re: [RadiusNT] IP add of Unix Machine.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:32:04 -0700

Syed Qadeer Pasha wrote:

> So its mean i cant place my password file at unix machine and the accounting
> table at oracle on another machine. And i have to install oracle at the same
> computer of RadiusNT as well. In this regard i would like to know, how many
> accounts can RadiusNT will handle at a time.

You have to copy the passwd file to the RadiusNT machine at a
regular interval, but you can have the oracle database on
another machine aside from the machine running RadiusNT.

The design of your layout and DB is really the limiting factor
of RadiusNT, not RadiusNT itself.

> And another thing i would like to ask , from where can i read about the
> features and their configuration of RadiusNT. As i am reading at
> http://www.iea-software.com/radiusnt/docs/ but i m not getting where can i
> configure restriction on id with max 5 connections. And where can i configure
> to disconnect id(s) if the balance reaches to zero means online database
> updation-n-accessing.

You would set the LoginLimit field for the user (assuming you have
concurrency
control enabled). RadiusNT will only do balance checking when working
with
an Emerald license.