Re: [RadiusNT] ODBC: SQLExecDirect Error.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 08 Jun 1999 13:04:38 -0500

Brian Lube wrote:

> At 11:51 AM 6/8/99 -0500, you wrote:
> >Brian Lube wrote:
> > >
> > > The documentation for this area of RadiusNT is a bit strange. I could not
> > > find accurate docs for the servertype field to create it in the servers
> > > table. I checked both the web site and the docs. Maybe I missed
> > > something, but I'm not using a select on server type. From your questions
> > > I'm going to assume that this is going to be the problem. Could you give
> > > me more detailed information about the ServerTypes field and how it should
> > > be set?
> >
> >The ServerType was only added in RadiusNT 2.5.175. I added some
> >information
> >about it in to the SNMP Concurrency FAQ at:
> >
> >http://www.iea-software.com/radiusnt/faqs/SNMP-Concurrency.html
>
> Okay, I read back through it and found a little bit of a reference to
> it. What I'm using is a value field of int. Is this okay? Should it be
> varchar if I want to use Ascend equipment?

Its an int field with values currently from zero to 13.

> Just as feedback the web page helps, but could be more detailed about some
> of the changes that 175 needs to make to SNMP. It seems to work fine for
> USR/3com equipment now.

The only difference between 162 and lower is that 175 uses a different
RadCheckSNMPOnline stored proc that has two more fields (the ServerType
and AcctSessionID fields). Other than that, its the same.