Re: [RadiusNT] Problem sending new netmask to PPP user

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 May 1999 10:08:22 -0700

Mike Phillips wrote:

> I've been running RadiusNT in ODBC mode against an Access DB for quite
> awhile now. I recently had to move my NAS and Radius server to a new IP
> subnet. The netmask of the old subnet is 255.255.255.0. The netmask of the
> new subnet is 255.255.248.0. I need to configure Radius to send the new
> netmask to ALL users.

Even though you might have a CIDR block on 8 or so Class C's, its not
normal to break them down larger than a class c. This just seems
real odd to me.

> What settings do I need to add/modify in the RadATConfigs table (or any
> other tables) to make this happen?

You need to add the Framed-Netmask attribute.